New research released by Google looking at young people, digital engagement and the future of retail markets has been welcomed by the National Association of British Market Authorities (NABMA) and the National Market Traders Federation (NMTF).
The results of the study have been issued during NABMA’s Love Your Local Market campaign (17-31 May) and explore how digital technology could attract younger customers.
More detail here https://www.nabma.com/new-research-on-retail-markets-welcomed/
Google will take its Market Towns Tour to towns across the north of England and the midlands, before touring the south of England later this year. The early locations include:
- Stourbridge, West Midlands – June 1st
- Beverley, East Yorkshire – June 15th
- Norwich, Norfolk – June 22nd
- Richmond, North Yorkshire – July 13th
- Skipton, North Yorkshire – July 20th
- Burton, Staffordshire – date TBC
- Ashton-Under-Lyne, Tameside – date TBC
Research from IPPR shows 88% of Google Digital Garage pop ups attendees have changed the way they run or promote their business online, with 68% saying they had seen positive results in increased sales, bookings, web traffic or followers.