The Women’s Organisation (based in Liverpool) has secured European funding to help provide training for men and women who are running a business in the Halton area. They run a number of courses listed below at their offices in Liverpool which are mostly at a subsidised rate of £25 per course or £100 for 5 courses. You can book these courses directly using the web link below.
However, if there is some interest in the courses from traders then we would be able to run the courses here in Widnes at a time (probably Tuesday) to suit traders. The Council also have some external funding for training which has been highlighted at the two most recent traders committees. This could be used to provide the courses at nil cost to traders. If you are interested in attending one of these courses in Widnes please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org stating who you are, your business name and which courses you are interested in and I will liase with the Organisation to provide the course(s) here on Tuesdays at nil cost to traders. The venue will probably be the Stadium or the Library in Widnes.
Business training courses currently available with The Women’s Organisation are:
- Planning for Success (business planning course)
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Understanding Tax and National Insurance (for sole traders or business partnerships)
- Registering as a Limited Company
- Building a Social Media Strategy (an introduction to social media for business)
- Twitter Course for Business
- Maximise Linkedin for Business
- Hootsuite for Business
- An Introduction to Facebook for Business
- Instagram for Business
- Blogging for Beginners
- Understanding SEO (Basics of Search Engine Optimisation)